The client’s existing system was putting a strain on their day to day reporting, especially their environmental reporting.
Melbourne’s largest retail water utility, that provides essential water and sanitation services to more than 1.8 million people. It has a mixture of large and small electricity sites with a substantial number of unmetered sites totaling 393 NMI accounts.
This large incumbent supplier didn’t have the required level of visibility required into their energy portfolio which was putting a strain on their day to day reporting particularly their environmental reporting. Looking to partner with a trusted provider that could provide deep visibility, improved reporting they reached out to bid after hearing that they were already servicing many similar sized utility companies.
Complete visibility of the entire portfolio.
bid was appointed to implement its RPA automation driven solution to this large Water Authority. This included the management of all bill receipt, validation and payment file processing all underpinned by an efficient and experienced level of support.
Key opportunities to improve that were identified:
- Ongoing energy data completeness, visibility and quality control, automated audit & process assurance for Accounts Payable;
- Reporting automation, sophistication, and assurance including NGER Compliant Environmental reporting
bid deployed its RPA-driven Accounts Payable automation solution that resulted in the automation of their progressive Purchasing contract bill validation.
Now having centralized portfolio management with the access to open/closes, site inquiries, alerts & reports.
Other benefits included:
- Ability to avoid late payments with a bill receipt to weekly payment file creation.
- Immediate access via the secure client portal to the full portfolio increasing visibility & control through reporting with payment-grade audit credentials.
- Super-efficient millisecond invoice collection and reading per invoice, including automatic validation of bills against distributor tariffs, DMA’s and retailer contracts.
- Half hour receiving and reporting using interval data for treatment plants and other large sites.
- Monthly accruals, budgets, usage reports all managed through the platform
- Improvements to data completeness and additional integrity achieved through the continuous automated monitoring of monthly invoices, retailer contracts, DMA’s and interval data
- Ability to prepare and conduct RFP and Tender for SME accounts
bid is making manual Utility Bill Expense Management a thing of the past, by creating value out of every bill.
- A large number of big, small and unmetered electricity sites were difficult to manage.
- Not enough visibility of their energy portfolio
- Clumsy manual processes that were time-consuming and distracted staff from more value-add activities.
- Difficulties with day to day reporting and insights especially environmental reporting.
- Not able to quickly respond to favorable market conditions to re-contract in a timely manner.
- Increased visibility & control of the energy portfolio and spend.
- Improvements to the data completeness and integrity
- Enhanced reporting and insights that are driving ongoing improvements and savings
- Timely, efficient and NGER compliant Greenhouse Gas Emissions reporting
- Fast RFP and Tender submissions to take advantage of good pricing opportunities
- Cost avoidance savings identified to date AUD >$140,000 per annum (>73,000 British pounds or USD >$96,000)